You are welcome to donate any amount you wish to, based on your interest and capacity. Deepam Global needs funds to expand to new projects and support existing ones. Currently, we are supported by individual donors. There are a number of ways you can support us or connect with us, by volunteering, by visiting us. We are very much looking forward to hear from you.
No amount is too small. Every penny received can help us change a life!
WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT TO ACCOMMODATE, FEED, EDUCATE & REALISE THEIR DREAMS
NEFT Details for Online Transfer
Donate by cheque/electronic transfer:
DEEPAM GLOBAL CHARITABLE TRUST
Bank: Indian Bank
Branch: Raja Annamalaipuram Branch, Chennai
Current Acc No: 6409556416
IFSC Code: IDIB000R003
Donate using Cheque/Demand Draft(DD)
Alternatively, you pay by cheque or DD drawn in favour of DEEPAM GLOBAL CHARITABLE TRUST
Donations to Deepam Global is exempted from tax deductions under sections 12A and 80G of the Income Tax Act. We comply with all legal obligations required to receive domestic donations.
WHY SHOULD YOU CARE?
- 13,40,000 children below 5 die in a year, that is 3671 under 5 child deaths per day
- Nearly half of all child deaths under 5 in India are attributed to undernutrition
- 1 in every 11 children in India is working, when they should be at school
- More than half (56%) of the under 5 deaths occur within the first 28 days of life, we work to prevent these lives
- India accounts for more than 3 out of 10 stunted children in the world
- 47% of the women in India are married when they are a child (before the age of 18), and 30% bear a child when they are a child (adolescent mothers)
- 17.7 million children and adolescents are out of school in India, this is 14% of world’s population of children out of school
- 20% of grade 2 children in India cannot recognize numbers 1-9; 53% of children drop out of school at elementary level
- 49.5% of grade 5 children cannot do subtraction and 55% of grade 8 children cannot solve 3 digits by 1 digit division problem; 51.09% of grade 5 children cannot read grade 2 English and 25.4% children of grade 8 cannot read grade 2 text
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- We want to do more and you can help. By committing a small fraction of your income to protect children in need, you can help save a child and contribute to humanity. You can donate as low as INR 500 per month.
- While Deepam Global appreciates monthly donations where you choose to donate a small fixed amount monthly for us to be able to plan our programmes for a longer term, a single donation can also help raise a child.
- You will get your tax exemption certificate within 15 days of your one-time donation (quarterly in case of regular donors, who pledge monthly donations, after their first month’s donation). You will get quarterly updates on how you are making a difference.
Tax Exemptions Donation Benefits
50% Tax Deduction for Donations to DEEPAM GLOBAL:
This is an additional advantage of donating to DEEPAM GLOBAL as most of the donation to other NGO qualifies for only 50% deduction under Section 80 G of the Income Tax act.
Once you have made the donation, a receipt of the same and a 50 per cent Tax Exemption Certificate along with a ‘Thank you’ letter will be sent to you via courier or post on request. The certificate and receipt which will reach you within 10 days of making the donation can be used to avail 50% tax exemption for the respective financial year.